Ann Inc. 2016 Workplace CSA
Greig Farm 2016 CSA Contract for Ann Inc. Employees
Payment required by April 30th. Space is limited.
Delivery dates: June 14 and 21, July 5, 12 and 26, August 2, 16 and 23 and September 6 and 13.
Time is of the essence! For best quality and flavor, fruit should ripen on the vine and be eaten the day it is harvested. Healthy living includes harvesting and eating fruit in small amounts, often. The Greig Farm is happy to harvest everything we grow and deliver it to your workplace on the dates listed above.
Members of Greig Farm’s Community Supported Agriculture Program (CSA) will receive a share of Greig Farm's produce of fruit (as well as sugar snap and shell peas) plus some stone fruits from neighboring farms (shares will vary in size and weight depending on the time of the season). One aspect of CSA is that members support their farmer by sharing in the inherent risks of agriculture (poor weather, drought, crop failure, etc.) and the rewards (exceptionally fresh fruit, the bounty of a good season, etc.) involved in farming. CSA farmers purposely plan for such contingencies; the farmers use growing techniques that protect the harvest to minimize the risk and optimize the rewards. On the whole members will get a wide variety of fruit over the course of the season in plentiful amounts.
I understand this principle and agree that there is no guarantee on the exact amount or type of produce I will receive in my share. By participating in the CSA, I am supporting the local farmer as well as more equitable food distribution, and I am helping to create a more environmentally and economically healthy society.
By purchasing a share in the Greig Farm’s Ann Inc. Workplace CSA Program, I have accepted the terms of this membership agreement.
1) I understand that farming is a seasonal and unpredictable undertaking, and the exact selections and quantities included in the monthly distribution will change as the season progresses. In joining the Greig Farm CSA, I agree to share in the fluctuations and variations inherent in farming and understand that Greig Farm pledges that my produce will be grown with sound and sustainable farming practices.
2) I understand that the anticipated crops (which are subject to change by Greig Farm) may include items such as Strawberries, Sugar Snap and Shell Peas, Blueberries, Blackberries, Apples, Pumpkins, Apricots, Cherries, Plums, Nectarines and Peaches.
3) I understand that the cost for one share is $295. Payment will be made by clicking the link at the bottom of this web page. To reserve my spot, I understand that I must make a payment of $295.00 by April 1st.
4) I understand that deliveries of the produce I am purchasing will be made on the dates specified above, as determined by my site coordinator and Greig Farm, and I am required to pick up my share the same day that it is delivered and within the allotted time.
5) If I am not available on a specified delivery date to pick up my share, I can designate someone to pick it up in my place by e-mailing Nicole Parisi (Nicole_Parisi@anninc.com) at least four hours before the scheduled delivery date. If I fail to pick up my share on the particular delivery date, and I do not designate someone to pick it up for me, I understand that I will not receive a refund for the share that was not picked up. Ann Inc. will not hold my share for me beyond the pickup date and time. All shares that are not picked up will be distributed at ANN INC.’s discretion.
6) I understand that Ann Inc. is merely acting as a facilitator for purposes of arranging deliveries, and is not responsible for delivery delays or failures, or any other failure of Greig Farm to deliver the shares ordered. This agreement is between myself and Greig Farm only. Greig Farm is solely responsible for the produce being delivered under this agreement, and Ann Inc. takes no responsibility in connection therewith.
7) Greig Farm acts in good faith to provide the freshest produce for the CSA harvest season but farming by nature has inherent benefits of an abundant harvest and also risk. By becoming a member of the Greig Farm CSA program I am agreeing that these benefits and risks are included in CSA membership.
YES! I agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the button below and paying a non-refundable full payment by April 1st.
This post is password protected.